Friday, November 9, 2012

Moving to Linux Mint.

Hey guys,
I just moved to Linux mint!
Don't worry, I'll still be posting here, because mint is based off Ubuntu the steps should work on either.

If I make an article for just mint, it will be labeled [Mint]

As for why I'm leaving Ubuntu, it's noting personal, I don't dislike it, or hate unity.
I've spent some time in both, unity, and Gnome 3.

It's just with all the issues I've had to fix by hand, and all the half installed drivers, broken dependencies, and messed up config files, (all caused by me) it began to have some issues.

I won't go in to details. but I saw some video about mint. and I liked the gnome2/3 hybrid desktop.
and some of it's cool features, so instead of re-installing ubuntu for the 3rd time on this laptop,
I decided to try something new. the past two years I was ubuntu->debian->ubuntu->fedora->ubuntu.
So I'm trying something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment